Delaware Offshore Company Formation
Unquestionable Limited Liability
Flexibility of operating under members agreement.
Cannot have more than two of the four characteristics of a corporation.
Not as widely known or accepted as a corporation.
3. Company Status
4. Corporate legislation source
Delaware Corporation Law 1994-5
5. Company Name
Prior name approval required
6. Time taken to incorporate
24 – 48 hours
7. Are shelf companies available?
8. Usual minimum capital
9. Capital Duty
10. Minimum number of shareholders
No shares – 1 member required (although two recommended for tax purposes)
11. Are bearer shares/shares of no par value possible?
12. Directors: minimum number / corporate directors allowed / location
No directors, only members. No location requirements.
13. Secretary: mandatory / corporate secretary allowed / location
No / No / n/a
14. Is there a requirement for a Registered Office / Registered Agent?
Yes / Yes
15. Is any information required by the authorities prior to incorporation or prior to tax status being granted?
16. What information is available on the public file?
Name of Company, date of formation, status, registered agent and office.
17. What documents must be kept at the Registered Office?
18. Corporate books & seal
Kept with the members.
19. Are accounts required / filed?
No / No
20. Is an annual return required?
21. Where are meetings to be held?
22. Annual fees payable to the government: Tax
23. Are there any exchange controls?
24. Double tax treaties